Whether you are a beginner athlete or a professional, treatments at United Sport Solutions will help you recover faster, increase performance and prevent injury. We proudly work with a variety of athletes and teams throughout the entire Lake Norman area.
Bren Bergquist D.C.
Sophie McDonald D.C., M.S.
Always be at your best
Athletes normally subject their bodies to strenuous exercises that often cause muscle and body pains. These physically straining activities can create spinal alignment and movement problems. With sports chiropractic care, the athlete does not have to live with chronic pains anymore.
Benefits of Chiropractic care
To help serve you in the best way possible, we offer the following services:
- Comprehensive examination
- The chiropractor may feel your spine, move your joints and watch the way you walk. He or she will also test your muscle strength, reflexes, and range of motion. In some cases, the chiropractor might order X-rays or a blood pressure check.
- Functional Movement Screening
- Used to evaluate seven fundamental movement patterns in individuals with no current pain complaint or musculoskeletal injury.
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment
- Meant to be used in a diagnostic capacity for musculoskeletal assessment when pain is present.
- Active Release Technique®
- A patented, state of the art soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many conditions that can be resolved quickly and permanently with ART.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Is a process in which the clinician uses a set of hand held instruments to break down the scar tissue and fascial restrictions in soft tissues (muscles, ligaments, tendons, fascia, and nerves).
- Fascial Movement Taping
- A taping technique designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion.
- Flexion Distraction
- A chiropractic technique used to treat conditions having to do with the lumbar spine.
- Manual and Instrument Adjustment
- The process of using the hands or a specially designed tool to manipulate the spine in order to achieve the desired results.
- Vibricussor and Arthrostim Treatment
- Can be used to “warm up” muscles and setting proper tonus to athletic events, or can be used following an event/exercise to “flush” muscles and help minimize soreness.
- Home Therapy Programming
- Home therapy programming is a combination of mobility and stability based exercises you can perform from the comfort of your home to help treat and prevent recurrence of injury.
Book an Appointment
Discover how natural and noninvasive chiropractic care may be able to help you. Contact us today to schedule a convenient appointment!